Faculty & Resources
Program Staff – Our Radiation Oncology staff includes a total of: 7 PhD faculty, 4 clinical physics staff, 5 dosimetrists, 7 MD radiation oncology faculty, 7 medical residents, and 2 PhD cancer biology faculties. The hospitals of IU Health (Methodist, IU, and Riley hospital for Children) are located in the heart of Indianapolis.
Indianapolis is America's 12th largest city with a population of 1.7 million. The city is the perfect mix of big-city sophistication and genuine Hoosier hospitality. With its arts, culture, sporting events, history and heritage, Indianapolis is the best-kept secret (and a three hour drive to Chicago).
- Indiana University Simon Cancer Center, Department of Radiation Oncology
- IU Health Methodist Hospital, Indianapolis, Indiana
- IU Health/Arnett Clinic, Lafayette, Indiana
The Department of Radiation Oncology is part of the Indiana University School of Medicine and IU Simon Cancer Center. The department runs the IU Health Proton Therapy Center and several other satellite facilities. Specialized procedures include:
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Stereotactic radiosurgery and stereotactic body radiotherapy
- High and low dose rate GYN brachytherapy
- Total-body and total-skin irradiation
- Eye plaque
- Gamma Knife