James G. Douglas, M.D., M.S.
- B.S. (cum laude), The Ohio State University, honors program,
- Department of Biochemistry, Columbus, OH
- Graduate Program, Department of Microbiology
- Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- M.S., Medical Microbiology, The University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wl
- M.D., Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- Pediatrics, University of Washington/Children's Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- Radiation Oncology. University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Chief Resident, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
- National Cancer Institute, Pediatric Oncology Branch, Bethesda, MD
- Leksell Society
- Society for Neuro-Oncology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Association of Radiation Oncology Program Directors
- Paediatric Radiation Oncology Society
- Radiation Oncology Representative, Melanoma Committee, Southwest Oncology Group
- Member of SWOG Radiation Oncology Committee
- Member Children's Oncology Group (COG)
- Radiation Oncology PI for Children's Hospital and Regional Medical Center (COG)
- Radiation Oncology Study Coordinator COG - Euro-Ewing 99 Study; AEWS0031
- Radiation Oncology coordinator, COG Protocol ACNS0333; Treatment of Atypical Teratoid/Rhabdoid Tumors (AT/RT) of the Central Nervous System with Surgery, Intensive Chemotherapy, and 3-D Conformal Radiation.
- American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
Honors (Partial List)
- American Cancer Society (ACS) Fellowship recipient
- American Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology travelaward recipient for European Society of Radiation Oncology annual meeting, Istanbul Turkey
- American Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) visiting scholar award, The Karolinska Institute, Stockholm
- Outstanding Teaching Award Radiation Oncology, University of Washington, Department of Radiation Oncology
- Appointment as first recipient of the Alexander Rodney Muir Professorship of Education in Radiation Oncology
- Member in the National Register Who's Who in Executives and Professionals
- Listed in America's top doctors, America's Top Doctors Inc.
- Listed in America's top doctors for cancer; Castle Connolly Guide
- Listed in Seattle Magazine: Best doctors in Seattle, Pediatric Radiation Oncology
- Member in the National Register Who's Who in Executive and Professionals
- Listed in Seattle Metropolitan Magazine: Best doctors in Seattle, Pediatric Radiation Oncology
- IU Medical Group
- IU Health Proton Therapy Center
- IU Health Methodist/IU Health University
- Riley Hospital for Children
Primary Clinic Location
535 Barnhill Dr RT 041
Indianapolis, IN 46202
- Proton Therapy
- Proton Therapy
- Stelzer KJ., Douglas JG, Mankoff DA, Silbergeld DL, Krohn KA, Laramore GE, Spence AM. Positron Emission Tomotherapy-guided conformal Fast Neutron Therapy for Glioblastoma Multiforme. Neuro Oncol. Feb;10(1):88-92, 2008.
- Douglas JG, Goodkin R, Laramore GE. Gamma Knife stereotactic
radiosurgery for salivary gland neoplasms with base of skull invasion following
neutron radiotherapy. Head Neck. 2008 Apr; 30(4):492-6,2008.
- Bittner N, Koh WJ, Laramore GE, Patel S, Mulligan M, Douglas JG.
Treatment of locally advanced adenoid cystic carcinoma of the trachea with
neutron radiotherapy. Int J Radiation Oncology Biol Phys. 72(2): 410-4, 2008.
- Douglas JG and R Goodkin. The treatment of arteriovenous malformations
with Gamma Knife Stereotactic Radiosurgery: the University of Washington
Experience 2000 - 2005. J Neurosurg 109: Suppl: 51-6, 2008.
- Douglas JG and R Goodkin. Comment: Predictors of peritumoral edema
after stereotactic radiosurgery of supratentorial meningiomas by CG Patil, S
Hoang, DJ Borchers III, G Sakamoto, SG Soltys, 1C Gibbs, GR Harsh, SD
Chang, JR Adler. Neurosurgery 2008;63(3):435-442. Neurosurgery
- Celix J, Douglas JG, Haynor D, Goodkin R. Thrombosis and hemorrhage in
the acute period following gamma-knife radiosurgery for arteriovenous
malformation. Case report and review of the literature. J Neurosurg 111(1): 124-
- Fang C, Bianca L, Douglas J, Iyer J, Nghiem P. Radiation Monotherapyas Regional Treatment for Node-Positive Merkel Cell Carcinoma, (accepted for publication Cancer, July 2009).
- Sekhar LN, Biswas A, Hallam D, Kim LJ, Douglas JG, Ghodke B.
Neuroendovascular Management of Tumors and Vascular Malformations of the
Head and Neck. Neurosurg Clinics North Amer 20(4):453-485, 2009.
- Giussani C, Poliakov A, Ferri R, Plawner L, Shaw D, Geyer JR, Olson JM,
- Douglas JG , Browd SR, Villavicencio, Hoeppner C.Filardi T, Ellenbogen RG, and JG Ojemann. Diffusion Tensor Imaging to Differentiate Demyelinating Diseases from Intrinsic Diffuse Brain Stem Tumors, (Neurolmaging, 2010)
- Mayedev J, Douglas JG, Storer B, Appelbaum FA, Storb R. Cranial Irradiation Added to the Intrathecal Chemotherapy Conditioning of Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation Improves Overall Survival in Adult Acute Myeloid Leukemia with Central Nervous System Involvement (Int J Radial Oncol Biol Physics, 2010).
- Geyer JR, Stewart CF, Boyett JM, Kocak M, Broniscer A, Phillips P, Douglas J, Blaney S, Packer R, Friedman H, Prados M, Kieran MW, Kun L, Gilbertson R. A Phase I Trial of Gefitinib and Radiation in Pediatric Patients Newly Diagnosed with Brain Stem Tumors or Incompletely Resected Supratentorial Malignant Gliomas (STMG) Provides Evidence of Amplified Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor in STMG: A Pediatric Brain Tumor Consortium Study (PBTC-007). European J of Cancer (in press).
- Greer BE, Goff B, Koh W, Douglas JG, Petersdorf S: Treatment of Cancer
During Pregnancy, in Principles and Practice of Gynecologic Oncology, second
edition, 1996. Eds. Hoskins WJ, Perez CA, and RC Young. J.B. Lippincott Co.
- Lindsley KL, Smith SC, Douglas JG: Wilm's Tumor and Neuroblastoma, jn
Textbook of Radiation Oncology; Eds. Leibel SA, Phillips TL. W.B. Saunders
Company, Philadelphia, PA, 1998.
- Goff BA, Paley PJ, Koh W, Petersdorf SH, Douglas JG, Greer BE: Treatment
of Cancer During Pregnancy, jn Principles and Practice of Gynecologic
Oncology, Third edition, 2000. Eds. Hoskins WJ, Perez CA, and RC Young.
J.B. Lippincott Co.
- Barger G, Douglas JG, Sloan A. Adult Medulloblastoma in Neuro-oncology
Berger M and Prados M, J. B. Lippincott Co., (2005)
- R, Goff BA, Koh W, Petersdorf SA, Douglas JG, Greer BE. Treatment of Cancer During Pregnancy, in Principles and Practice of Gynecologic Oncology, Fourth edition, 2004. Eds. Hoskins WJ, Perez CA, and RC Young. J.B. Lippincott Co.
- Douglas JG and AM Spence. The Role of PET in the Management of Brain
Tumors. PET-CT in Radiotherapy Treatment Planning. Eds. Paulino AC and
BS The. Elsevier Press, Philadelphia, PA. 2008.
- Paulino AC and Douglas JG. Pediatric Tumors, PET-CT in Radiotherapy
Treatment Planning. Eds. Paulino AC and BS The. Elsevier Press, Philadelphia,
- Douglas JG and D Friedman. Late effects from TBI as part of Hematopoietic
Cell Transplantation in Rubin P et at. Late Effects of Cancer Treatment on
Normal Tissues. Springer, Berlin (in press)
- Douglas JG, Kow W, Laramore GE. Metastasis to a Percutaneous
Gastrostomy Site from Head and Neck Cancer: Radiobiologic Considerations
Letter to the editor. Head and Neck 23: 1082-1083, 2001.
- Douglas JG. Stage IV Metatastatic Melanoma of the Brain. YourDoctor.com,